Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"There's Something About Joseph"

I just read a wonderful article by John Ortberg, entitled There's Something About Joseph. It gives some insight into the man, Joseph (as in Jesus, Mary and...).

I appreciate the dilema Joseph faced. According to a law in Deuteronmy 22, Mary was in very real danger of being stoned to death. He was likely disappointed, probably angry, and and he was faced with some serious anxiety. I especially identify with the part in Ortberg's article that says,

""After he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream." Why did God make Joseph wait till after he had to think and struggle with all this stuff? Why couldn't an angel come to him ahead of time and explain everything and remove that anxiety? "

Read why at http://www.christianitytoday.com/leaders/newsletter/2006/cln61127.html

1 comment:

melodie said...

What a great thought! I am often prone to ask the "why" about the timing of things in my life. I forget far too quickly that it is not as much about the destination as it is about the journey and my relationship with the Almighty!

Patty- I am sooooo incredibly proud of your step into this world of blogging. You are amazing!!! And this is only the beginning for you! :)