Tuesday, November 21, 2006

No Limits


I've been listening much lately to a CD which has captured my heart and once again released my imagination. The cut is titled 'Take The Limits Off' (the CD is Israel & New Breed's ALIVE in South Africa. The words of the song depict God speaking... and He says

'I'm not a man, I cannot lie. I know the plans I have for your life..they're My design...I'm asking you to dream again, to believe again,...to hope again, and trust again... and take the limits off of Me. Release me to accomplish what I promised to do... take the limits off.'

I was struck by the realization, that my attitude of 'hope' had been tainted by an attitude of cynicism. Some promises that I believe God spoke to me have not panned out, at least as I initailly understood them, and tho' I fully believe in God's goodness, and sovereignty, I've been spiritually wounded. While listening to this song, I felt as if He were speaking right to me, and asking me to set aside my understanding and to trust what I know of His character.

In Matthew 13, there is an account of Jesus spending time in his hometown... where He was well known, but where, because the people there relied upon what they thought they knew about Him, they limited His ministry to them. And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.(Matt. 13:58). I don't think He was punishing them, or being haughty because of their attitude, but I think their attitude, and their own understanding, limited Him somehow from doing what He wanted to do on their behalf. While listening to this song, I realized I was doing the same thing.

And so I hope again, and I dream again. If it's His design, He'll do it. I purpose to not lean on my own understanding.. to not let my disappointments or my lack of imagination set boundaries to what I think He'll do. I ask and trust Him to enlarge my territory. I take the limits off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is by far the coolest thing you've ever done. I can't wait to read more treasures like this from you everyday!!