Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Daughters who are Sisters

Three of the best things about being a mother are... my three daughters! I am so truly blessed to be able to say that even if they weren't my kids, I'd seek them out as friends. And I'm even more blessed to be able to say that the three of them are such wonderful friends to each other. Whatever sibling rivalry MAY have occurred as young children has matured into supportive, caring, fun-loving, prayerful LOVE for one another.

Our girls have always been big fans of broadway musicals! Often they attended local stage productions with us, their grandmother or their great aunt. But they also watched them incessantly, over and over on video. They knew the scripts; they often danced around the house, singing the medlies! I loved it!!

A great favorite of mine is the song "Sisters" from the musical, White Christmas. If fact, I once offered them $50 if they would perform it in their school's talent show. But,... they wouldn't. :-(

So, it was more than delightful to me when Ashley & Samantha put together a funny rendition of the song and performed it at Leah & Brad's wedding dinner, complete with blue fans and boas. To make the performance complete, they engaged Leah in the last verse, pulling her into the dance along with them. Honestly, tho', they didn't need to coerce her... she jumped right in!

It was funny, but more than that, it spoke of their true sisterhood, in its fullest and fun-est capacity!!

I wish so much that I would've thought to videotape it. I didn't. I'll regret that forever... but I do have a couple of pictures to remind me of the three, beautiful... sisters!


Psalm 133:1 How good and pleasant it is when sisters live together in unity!

No comments: