Monday, January 21, 2008

Party Time

This past Saturday I attended a party. I refer to it, most sincerely, as "God's Party".

It was a the wedding of our oldest daughter, Leah, and the man of her dreams, Brad Leach.

By referring to the wedding as "God's Party", I don't mean to sound pompous or self-righteous. My intention is to declare God's goodness, and faithfulness to His promises. Months ago, when I first started praying about wedding details, I believe that God spoke to my heart and said,... "I made the match, I'll throw the party!" From that point on, we watched as amazing plans came together, and so much favor was poured out by such kind and generous individuals to bring it all to pass. I know that God will bless all those people for taking part in His party. Tho' I, too, was very much involved in executing details, I often felt as if I was watching God at work, and joining Him. So, by the time the event arrived, I was able to thoroughly enjoy it and be personally blessed .

I don't have any photos right now, but will be posting them periodically in future blog entries as I get them. Many friends and family members were able to join us in this celebration of answered prayer and new beginnings, and the atmosphere was charged with joy!

Leah and Brad wrote their own vows, and drew us into their special commitment to one another. Pastors Jeff Leake and Jay Passavant gave profound wisdom, with just the perfect touch of humor and humanity. And, our other two daughters, Ashley and Samantha, blew me away with their musical rendition of "In Christ Alone".

When our first child, Leah, was born, our "normal" became different, but good! Now, once again, normal will be come different, but it is good.

1 comment:

kim said...

Patty, MaryBeth just told me she would email you a link to my blog post about this fantastic event:) So I thought I'd hop on over and see what you've written! (so beautiful and true!)
I did post a few pictures to share. :) Feel free to copy them! I have a few more I could send too.

Kim

http://kimberlyburton.typepad.com/memoirs_of_a_redhead/2008/01/my-new-pastors.html