Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ode to a Stud

If we'd had a son, I'll bet he would've looked a lot like this... This is Bruce as he looked 50 years ago today (1st grade photo). Happy Birthday, Bruce!

When Bruce was in college, he was a member of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. They were a lively bunch of guys! Bruce and his closest friends always sat together at meals, and they dubbed their table in the dining room, "The Stud Table".

I am, by nature, a conservative person. I like to 'blend in', and usually, I don't intentionally draw attention to myself. Not so these guys!! They were a fun group of friends who often got attention, which often was intentional. I was intrigued when I met Bruce, and found that being around him made me want to kick-up my heels.

Bruce was 25 when we got married, so I've been his wife for more than half of our lives!! He has calmed down a bit since those days at the Stud Table, and he has come to live as a man dedicated to Jesus Christ, and purposefully pursuing the furtherance of His Kingdom.

The initial 'intrigue' has grown to an abiding love and respect for Bruce. He has brought out the best in me, has been a magnificent husband and an exemplary father.

This is my ode to Bruce.

No comments: