Thursday, May 17, 2007

Free WiFi

Wow... it's been a while since I have posted. It's not that I haven't tried. Really. I've been battling computer issues for the past few weeks, and losing, it would seem. I'm not even sure this posting will actually get published, ... I've lost a few of them already due to a problematic PC. I've literally spent hours talking with help desk techs, chatting online with computer service personnel, installing, uninstalling and re-installing software, rebooting and rebooting, and holding my breath. I think I'm whining, too.

One of the computer issues involved having to replace our printer and it seemed to make sense to get one that could be networked via our wireless router. The router is connected to the Internet, and enables other computers in the network to share the connection. The wireless router can also receive input from networked computers, allowing them to share the printer. If the connections are correct, and the hardware and software are functioning properly, it can be a beautiful thing.

We attended a retreat this past weekend, and one of the speakers, Johannes Amritzer, gave a teaching on the ministry of healing, which I found to be profound, and yet simple. He referenced the scripture verses Matthew 10: 7,8, "As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." He challenged us, as followers of Christ, to give to others what we have from Him, to pass it on. He said that our function is not to "heal", but to announce that it's already been done ... by Jesus on the Cross (Isaiah 53:5). Faith releases the supernatural and changes the atmosphere. Johannes commented that if we carry His anointing, we will be a "lead wire" to God, a conduit meant to share the connection.

Kind of like a wireless router.

No comments: