Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fleurissant in Florissant

Well, Samantha, arrived in Colorado on Sunday, and in spite of spotty cell phone coverage, we've been able to talk a little bit. For the next 2 weeks, she's in Estes Park, CO training for her summer job as a camp Program Coordinator with Group Workcamps Foundation. And while we're having temperatures in the 80's here, she's been frolicing in the snow for the past 2 days.

It would seem that my previous posting about 'blossoming' was more appropriate than I'd imagined. Her camp assignment for the summer is in Florissant, Missouri (a suburb of St. Louis). "Florissant" was originally named by French settlers as "Fleurissant" which means, blossoming flowers! One of the town's original nicknames was Valley of Flowers. Florissant also means 'flourishing' in French, so here's hoping it's even prophetic!!

And speaking of flourishing... my computer's working much better with my new hard drive, and I'm loving my new iPod Nano... both gifts from my darling daughters/sil for Mother's Day!!

No comments: