Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Gotta Crow

I've been way behind in blog posting lately. More and more things have been clamoring for my time and attention this summer. No lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer around here!

So, I'm almost 2 weeks late for this particular post, but better late than never. Over the 4th of July weekend, I traveled to Michigan to help our youngest move her stuff into her new apartment. Happily, that Sunday was also the speaking debut of our oldest daughter at Church of the King. Leah has had opportunities to speak at functions both in college and at her last position at Northway Christian Community Church, but this was the first time she was the primary speaker in a Sunday service. Brad put her 'in the pulpit', and she didn't disappoint.

In fact, she delivered a poignant yet powerful message about dealing with fear (What if we were freed from fear?). All those years I 'preached' to her, and that Sunday, she taught me. And she touched me, and she inspired me. She spoke from her heart and from her own battle with fear and her words still echo in my head as I think about the encouragement she breathed. I even took notes.

You can listen to the message as a podcast on iTunes , or access it directly from the Church of the King website.

AND, she's got another article printed in the Threads eNewsletter this month, entitled When I Grow Up. Last month's edition had her article Quarterlife Questions. Threads is the young adult online connection of Lifeway.

I gotta crow. I feel a little like Peter Pan.

No comments: